Modifying a car is one of the most exciting activities. The car eventually becomes personal to you and everyone associates the style with your personality. Painting your car is the first step to a unique look but you will need to follow a procedure.
- Make sure that you have all your tools on hand. This includes sand paper, electric sandpaper, masking tape, newspapers, air compressors and spray guns. Also consider weather conditions such as sunshine, wind and rain.
- Make sure that you have the correct chemicals for the paint such as thinners, primer, undercoat and top coat. All these are necessary to prolong the life of the paint job.
- Remove all the dust in your work area to prevent particles landing on the wet paint. Particles will destroy the smooth finish. You also need to clean the car to remove all grease and road contaminants.
- Never forget to wear a face mask, goggles and gloves to avoid getting the chemicals on your skin. These items will also protect you from the particles that come off when you sand current enamel off the car.
- Sand the car in circular motions for a uniform surface. The more uniform the better the end result. Once you have finished with sanding the chassis, apply thinners onto a cloth and wipe the surface. Thinners will get the remaining paint off.
- Priming the surface provides a good base coat to prolong the life of the paint job. It also helps to set the chemicals for an even finish. If you don’t want a specific section of the car to be painted, cover those areas with masking tape or newspaper.
- Apply thin layers of primer and paint so that clumps and drops don’t form. Thinner coats will set quicker and allow you to add another coat on top without unsightly formations.
- Follow all the rations mentioned on the instructions of the paint packages. There might be a different amount of chemicals that need to be mixed with the right amount of thinners.
- Cover the tyres with newspaper so that the paint does not come into contact with the rubber. If the paint dries against the rubber it could decrease the lifespan of the tyre.
Follow these tips to create an old, but improved version of your vehicle. Above all, always remember to follow all the safety rules on any of the spray or paint bottles for your own protection and the protection of others. Although you are equipped with protective gear always spray paint in a ventilated area.
Minty’s is amongst the leading tyre suppliers in South Africa, and is recognized for our high standard of customer service. We have built a reputation amongst our customers and ensure that they receive tyres and alloy wheels of the highest quality, amongst the largest brands nationwide.
Contact us on Tel: 011 661 4338 / 011 661 4339 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.